As we reported previously, Sprint screwed up on the Vision setting in the ESN block of another Costco-released phone, this time the VM4050.
We’re going to give you specific instructions on what to do if you can’t provision a Costco VM4050…
1) Call 3G/Wireless Web Support
2) Tell them you have a Toshiba VM4050 that was purchased from Costco, that it won’t provision on Vision services
3) As the technician to check to make sure the ESN shows the phone as a Vision device (it won’t).
4) At this point they will probably say they need to file a trouble ticket. If they don’t do this by the end of the call, request that they do so. Don’t hang up with the instructions to call back in a few (up to 24) hours later if the problem persists. Ask for the trouble ticket case number (write it down).
5) Call every business day back to 3G/Wireless Web support until you can access Vision, and ask for the status of your trouble ticket (give them the number, don’t have them check your account for it).
Of course, every call will be different, and different reps will try different things, but this is what everyone that has a Costco VM4050 should do until the problem is fixed. If everyone called in about this, they would have the problem fixed for everyone in 24 hours, not in three weeks for most people (and don’t think that won’t happen, as it has the past two times they screwed up).