After being shown off at IFA in September as a part of the wider Android Wear initiative. Asus has announced pricing and launch details for its ZenWatch Android Wear-powered smartwatch. The watch will be priced at $199.99, directly undercutting competing Android Wear powered smartwatches from Motorola, Sony and LG. The smartwatch features the following specifications:
- ASUS ZenUI integration and enhanced functionality
- Automatically unlock your phone with ASUS ZenWatch
- Tap Tap and Find My Phone helps you locate your phone instantly if misplaced
- Simply cover ASUS ZenWatch with your hand to mute an incoming call
- ASUS Remote Camera frees users to take photos from creative angles where the viewfinder would be difficult to see.
- Presentation Control enables ZenWatch to be used as a remote control and time manager when giving a business presentation or lecture
- Monitor and track a range of health-related statistics with the ASUS Wellness app
- Measures steps taken, calories burned, activity duration, heart rate, exercise intensity and relaxation level
- An easy-to-understand “relaxation score” is available, based on relaxation-level measurements
The watch will be launched as a Best Buy exclusive on Sunday.